APPLICATIONS FOR THE IAEE BEST STUDENT PAPER AWARD AND BEST POSTER AWARD ARE CLOSED.
IAEE Best Student Paper Award
IAEE is pleased to announce its 2019 Ljubljana Conference Best Student Paper Award Program. A top prize of US$1000 will be given for the best paper in energy economics. Three runner up prizes of US$500 each will also be given. All four winners will receive a waiver of registration fees to the Ljubljana IAEE European Conference, August 25-28, 2019. To be considered for the IAEE Best Student Paper Award please follow the guidelines below.
To be eligible for consideration, the applicant must:
The paper must:
- be original work completed by the student;
- not be co-authored by a faculty member or non-student (papers co-authored by fellow students are ok).
- Not have previously won a prize at an IAEE affiliated conference.
Application materials consist of:
- Paper abstract; (may be same as abstract submitted to conference for general concurrent session presentation, in case one has been submitted);
- Paper - double-spaced; 8.5 by 11 inch page setup; 30 pages maximum (any paper that exceeds the page limitation will be subject to disqualification);
- Letter from applicant verifying he/she meets qualifications (include photocopy of student ID);
- Letter from applicant's advisor or another faculty member familiar with applicant's research confirming that paper meets qualifications for submission and recommending it for consideration.
- If the same paper is submitted for the Best Paper Award and the Best Poster Award and selected as a finalist in both categories, the student must nominate to appear in one competition or the other but not both.
- Please note: in order to receive the award, students must attend the conference and present their paper. All travel and accommodation costs associated with attending the conference are the responsibility of the award recipients.
Further note that if you would like to present your paper at the Conference even if it does not receive a Best Paper Award (and thus get presented in a concurrent session) you must follow the regular paper submission procedures, submitting an abstract by the regular Call for Papers cut-off date.